Maggie & Emma in their July 4th dresses

Friday, October 29, 2010

Sorry it's been so long!

Hey Everybody!

I am sorry it's been so long since my last post.  Being a stay at home Mommy and working from home is hard work and leaves little to no time for playing on the computer.  I'll try to do better.  So, what's going on in the Farrell house?...

The word "NO" is a biggie these days...and not from the mouths of Mommy and Daddy.  Maggie and Emma are in full toddler "NO" mode.  Oh yes, the infamous yell, NO!    Do you want a drink?...NO!  Do you want to go night, night?...NO!  Do you want a kiss?...NO!  Do you want some candy?...YES!  HA!  It's so funny!  NO to everything but candy!  They're so stinking cute I can hardly stand it!  They are talking so much lately.  Most of their talking is still the baby gibberish but they have an arsenal of words that are as clear as anything.  They are repeating everything these days too.  Good thing Mommy and Daddy don't have potty mouths!  I have been calling them Pete and Re-Pete lately because they just copy everything.  It's pretty much adorable...but is anything they do not adorable, really? 

We are still attending bible study on Wednesday mornings and yes, the girls are still in the infant classroom.  They do so well in there and they love it...and Mommy loves the nursery teachers too.  They are wonderful ladies and I am so thankful for them.  We just started a new study, Ruth: Loss, Love and Legacy by Kelly Minter.  I am SO excited about this bible study because Ruth is probably my FAVE book in the bible...and not just because it's a short one either.  HA!  I just did my first homework assignment in the book last night and I can already tell that this study is going to be amazing and very insightful.  I love the fellowship time with all of the other women at the bible study too.  It's so awesome and I am very grateful that I have the opportunity to attend!

So, back to the babies.  They will be 18 months old on Saturday.  They are growing up WAY too fast!  I had a little bit of time of reflection and crying the other night.  I had some updates that I needed to add into their baby books and of course I had to go back and look at pictures and other previous writings in their books.  I just cried and cried.  I miss them being tiny babies, but I must say this age is a TON easier.  I love this age too but looking back just makes you realize that once today is over and done with, you never get it back.  They will never be in my tummy tumbling around like crazy again.  I will never go into labor with them again and have them again.  I will never give them their first bath again, or breastfeed them again...and the list goes on and on and on...So, what I guess I am trying to say is, make today well worth the day because once it's over, there's no turning back.  Enjoy and love on all of your family today!!!  Okay, enough preaching from the "wise one" here!  I'll stop now before I start crying...again!

I am posting some recent pics of the kiddos at the pumpkin patch.  Kathy and I so very bravely took the girls and her two kiddos (Chayse and Carson) on Monday.  We had a ton of fun and all four of the kid's got to pick out a pumpkin.  Maggie is wearing the orange shirt and Emma the black shirt...for those of you who still can't tell them apart!

I hope everyone is doing well! May God bless you all and your families!  Have a fun and safe Halloween!











3 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had so much fun at the pumpkin patch and good for you to brave it! I love the pictures and happy 18 month birthday to the adorable twinsies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of Maggie and Emma alone, where they are standing almost exactly the same, holding a pumpkin with a big smile on their faces. Cute baby girls!

    ReplyDelete