Maggie & Emma in their July 4th dresses

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Festivities

First, I must give you a heads up, there are a lot of pictures with this post.  I had a hard time picking out just 5 or 6...or 10 so there are a lot!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

Okay, so I realize that my blog posts are somewhat out of order but I finally uploaded our Halloween pics to the computer so I can post them now. We had a fun Halloween. Thursday evening (10/28) we went to the Boo Da Halloween Festival down the road in Buda and went trick or treating at all of the little booths set up by local vendors in the area. We didn't dress the girls in their costumes for that event but we did put them in their Halloween shirts. We kept them in their stroller since there were so many people there (we didn't want to lose either of them). The girls had an okay time...it was kinda late for them to be out and about. As we were leaving though we let them run around for a few minutes in this huge open clearing at the park and that was definitely their fave part of the festival.


Sunday we got them all dressed up in their flower costumes and took them out in our neighborhood around 6:30. We didn't bring the stroller and they didn't want us to hold them so we walked...that was interesting. We only made it about 3 blocks down and back and that took us over an hour walking at toddler pace! They had so much fun though and Mommy and Daddy enjoyed showing off our pretty little flowers to everyone! It did not take them long to understand the concept of knocking on a door and receiving candy just for being cute. I think Daddy allowed them to consume more candy Halloween night than they have eaten in their entire little lives. It was a lot of fun and we got a lot of great pictures! At the end of the night they did not want to go to bed...guess they were on too much of a sugar high! HA! It was a lot of fun having toddlers at Halloween this year. Next year should be even more fun!!!
 

Maggie, Emma and Mommy gutting the pumpkin

Emma and Maggie--not real excited about the bumble bee!

This is the bumblebee that created the above looks on their faces!

Carson, Emma, Maggie, Braiden & Chayse

Emma running from Daddy at the park after Boo Da Halloween...so cute!

Maggie running around in the dark at the park!

Mommy trying to get a picture with her girls at the park...didn't work out quite as planned!

Begging Daddy for just one more piece of candy...and Daddy giving in! 

Daddy carving the pumpkin

Maggie and Emma watching

Showing M & Em his creation

Maggie and her pumpkin

Emma and her pumpkin

Getting dressed for Halloween

Emma

Maggie

Silly flowers

Maggie

Emma

Acting silly again!

Maggie and Emma flowers checking out the pumpkins

Emma and Maggie--cheeeeeeese!

Emma heading out for trick or treating!

Maggie, ready to go!

Emma and Maggie

Mmmmm...dum dum pops!  Their first ever...they LOVED them!

4 comments:

  1. OMG those halloween flower costumes were SO adorable!! I wish mine would keep hats on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just to stinkin' cute for words! I loved all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those are cutest little flowers I have EVER seen! Those costumes are adorable! It looks like you guys had a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutie patooties! I love the "mirror twins" picture! There's one of them looking at eachother and it looks like it's one baby looking in a mirror! Cutie pies!

    ReplyDelete