Hi fellow bloggers. I hope your families have been healthier than my little girls lately.
Last Friday my little Emma threw up twice and then all day Saturday she had diarrhea (I'm talking 12 diapers on Saturday, yep, I counted) and ran about a 101 degree fever. She was miserable. All the while Maggie was running around a usual, eating and playing and laughing. Well, that didn't last long, as expected...
Sunday morning we all woke up and ate (Emma too). Emma seemed fine and so did Maggie so I decided they were well enough to go to church with Kathy and her family. We went to their church because Kathy was baptized on Sunday, wahooooo! I will post an entry all about her soon. Anyway, Emma did great. No sick potties, no throwing up. Success...er...not so much. After church we went to the grocery store and that's when poor little Maggie started. We were in the soup isle as I was going to get them some chicken noodle soup for lunch and blah, Maggie threw up all over the place. Thankfully I expected something of that nature so I had brought a change of clothes just in case. So I changed her and got them home. Maggie threw up one more time Sunday but for the most part seemed okay by Sunday night. Oh, did I mention that Jason was in San Antonio all weekend for his reserves training? Yeah, Momma was dealing with all of this sans Daddy, no fun!
Anyway, on Monday they both were okay. They weren't eating much but neither of them had diarrhea or vomiting. YES! We thought we might be over it...until about 4pm when Emma threw up all over the place. Since Monday, Emma has been eating a little better, has only had a few sick potties and hasn't thrown up but now Maggie has it in full force. 7 sick potties yesterday and two already today. In addition, they are both coughing horribly! We are now on day 6 of the stomach crud, and Mommy is READY for it to be over. I'm pretty sure babies are ready for it to be over too!
I want my happy, playing, eating, smiley little bugs back! Is that so much to ask???
On the other hand, I just read my friend Lindsey's latest blog entry and her 22 month old has the flu. She also has a 4 week old baby at home with her right now so she's trying to keep the toddler from infecting the infant. I guess we don't have it so bad here! Hey Lindsey, we're praying for a quick recovery for Hutch and that Hazel doesn't get it!
I will keep you posted on the girls' health. I hope I wasn't too visual for those of you with weak stomachs!
Oh, Amy, I don't know....your situation sounds a bit worse than mine. Fortunately, I have not had to deal with the vomit or other sickness you've got going on. We just have a runny nose, fever, and really bad cough. As I was reading your blog, I was thinking, "Well, at least we don't have it that bad..." Haha! Thanks for thinking of us & we will keep you & the wee ones in our prayers to get better soon!
ReplyDeleteAmy, so sorry to hear the girls have been sick. Hope they both get to feeling better quickly, and you get to relax a little bit (or at least be slightly less hectic than having sick kiddos).
ReplyDeleteHailey was sick with strep and then Mikey and I ended up with the flu. Someone in our house has been since since Saturday the 15th! I feel bad for you and wish the girls a quick recovery. I still am not 100% and want to be home cuddled up in my bed...unfortunately have to work. BOOOOO
ReplyDeleteAs bad as they had it, I'm surprised you and Jason (and the rest of us) got out of the experience tummy-bug free!!! I'm glad they are feeling better, back to my normal little sweeties!
ReplyDelete